Floyd Dixon !



Hello Folks !
Hum sorry, I'm out of bandwith again, so you won't be able to listen to the previous posts - but HEY, you should be here everyday, don't you ^_^

Aother thing, I'm doing another bloggy/archives/podcast whatever the hell, it's just a nice place where you can listen all thee bloody holy mixes which are not available anymore.
No rapidshare, no box'out of bandwith'.net.
It's right here

Ok, so let's start this week with some wino songs !

Born J Riggins Jnr., Dixon began playing piano and singing as a child and in Texas he was exposed to a range of blues and gospel influences, as well as a little jazz and hillbilly.
In 1947 Dixon cut his earliest sides for the Supreme label. Playing piano and singing in the "jump" style of early rhythm-and-blues, he subsequently recorded for Aladdin, Modern and Specialty, and made early road forays with B.B. King and Ray Charles, whom he encouraged away from crooning and towards church-based styles.
In the fifties and sixties he was in constant demand.
But in the 1970's "Mr. Magnificent" dropped out of the music scene in favor of a quieter life back in Texas.

Floyd Dixon - Wine Wine Wine
Floyd Dixon - Wino Blues


Comments

Tuwa said…
Awesome.
Anonymous said…
Cheers Rev! I love the other page too. I think I missed those last year since I only stumbled on this page when you did the first WIP. Thank you for sharing the FD tracks today.

-SCURVY
Anonymous said…
Sweet songs and cool new mix page. Put together, it made me wonder what a Bloody Drinking Mix might be like...
The DoorKeeper said…
Bloody Drinking Mix?

Outrrageous Fun, Impossible to reproduce, and nearly as difficult to remember?

Floyd is a gem. Here's to Route 66 :~)

and HEY!! yo were in Brittany?????????



Errrrrkkk.

So much for Internet privacy. Caution to the wind next time, I say. I shall announce my movements to the world.

erm.

can I rephrase that?

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!