Endless Sleep !




Jody Reynolds had a million-seller in 1958 with "Endless Sleep."
The single became a forerunner of death rock classics !
Reynolds charted for the last time that same year with a number titled "Fire of Love."
Reynolds had written ‘Endless Sleep’ in a single afternoon in 1956 in Yuma, AZ. Some of Reynolds' songs give a writing credit to Dolores Nance, but the name is a pseudonym that Reynolds used.
Despite the lack of a string of chart successes, his one big seller was enough to ensure Reynolds' membership in the Rockabilly Hall of Fame, which inducted him in 1999.
He left the limelight during the 1970s.
He settled in Palm Springs, CA, where he sells real estate if I’m correct.

Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Jody Reynolds - Fire Of Love




+ FRIDAY BONUS !

Bailey's Nervous Cats - Devil's Run


Have a good weekend !

Comments

Tuwa said…
Moody work here. I like it a lot.

How do you get such clean-sounding digitizations, Rev? Do you ever play your records, or do you keep them in some hermetically sealed vault? ;-)
Anonymous said…
Great tunes Rev. Ever think of doing a Rockabilly mix?
-yer pal Scurvy
Anonymous said…
Like them, Hope everything is well!!
Reverend Frost said…
Tuwa : I do play my records all the time, but I keep other stuff in a secret place (ok, I'm not sure myself what I mean by that)
Scurvy : thanx mate, cool idea.
Fire of Love : Where have you been??? Keep in rockin' touch !

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!