Strange Love




Welcome back you all ! (and thanx for all the comments/mails !). Let’s begin, shall we ?
James Moore (also known as Harmonica Slim and Slim Harpo) was born on January (or February) 11, 1924 in Lobdell, Louisana. In the mid-1950's Moore became a professional musician and began recording for Excello in 1955, first accompanying Lightnin' Slim, then as featured artist under the name "Slim Harpo" which continued until 1969 except for a release on Imperial, based in New Orleans, in 1962. On January 31, 1970 at the peak of his fame, James "Harmonica Slim/Slim Harpo" Moore died in Baton Rouge, Lousiana of a heart attack and is buried in Port Allen, Louisana. At least, he had the chance to escape disco music.

Slim Harpo - Strange Love

Slim Harpo - That Ain't Your Business


Comments

Dan Phillips said…
You are doing good work here. I am currently living about halfway between Mr Moore's hometown and the place he recorded a lot of his sides (JD Miller's studio in Crowley, LA). I think about him every time I drive past Lobdell on I-10. But,I grew up in Memphis, and first heard Slim Harpo on the radio when I was in high school in the '60's. Couldn't get enough of "Scratch My Back". Later, I collected a lot of his stuff. He had a very engaging style and was certainly the most commercially successful of Miller's "swamp blues" recording artists. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Keep 'em comin'.

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!