Big Boss man !




Jimmy Reed was born September 26, 1925 in Dunleith, Mississippi. His songs have become such an integral part of the standard blues repertoire, it's almost as if they have existed forever. Because his style was simple and easily imitated, his songs were accessible to just about everyone from high school garage bands having a go at it to Elvis Presley, Charlie Rich, Lou Rawls, Hank Williams, Jr., and the Rolling Stones, making him -- in the long run -- perhaps the most influential bluesman of all.

Jimmy Reed - Big Boss Man

Jimmy Reed - I Ain't Got You

Jimmy Reed - Shame, Shame, Shame





Friday bonus !!!

The Peanuts - Come On-A My House

(for your listening pleasure, get ‘em while they’re hot)

Thanx again for your emails, love letters, chocolate boxes, guns & support.

Back on monday.

Comments

Greg said…
Excellent post, Rev.! But you got me on The Peanuts. Who the heck are they? I've heard many versions of that sone (including an excellent redition by Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks on their most recent CD), but that's a new one. Is that Japanese?
Reverend Frost said…
Yup Greg, the Ito twin sisters were known as the singing duo The Peanuts. Their records were very popular in Japan during the 1950's & 1960's.
Thanx & have a good one Niandi!
Anonymous said…
Yeah that Peanuts version of Come On by Emi and Yumi Ito is a cooker all right! Thanks so much for posting it, I didn't know it existed.
~AKD
BwcaBrownie said…
'I got women to the left of me . . .
I got women to the right of me . . .'
Thanks so much for Jimmy Reed.

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!