Ray Campi !



Hello y'all, sorry for the lack of posts, but it's a busy week here in South of Hell.
No wait, it's been a busy month too. errr and a busy year. Whatever.
Rockabilly madman Campi was born in New York in 1934 and moved with his family to Austin, TX, at age ten. Campi made his first recordings in 1951, but it wasn't until 1956, when he cut his first single for the small TNT label, that any of them were released. He went on to record for Domino and Dot, and moved to Los Angeles in 1959, where he signed with Colpix. Our good ol’ Ray continued to record into the new millennium, releasing occasional albums on his own label.
Go Ray Go !

Ray Campi:
* You Can't Catch Me *
* My Screamin' Screamin' Mimi *
* The Crossing *

Comments

Scurvy said…
I loves the rockabilly man. This is great stuff. Thank you.
Reverend Frost said…
My job mate ^_^
oh God, I love Ray Campi.
Anonymous said…
can't get enough of your site man!
Q.
Tuwa said…
This version of "You Can't Catch Me" is different from both the Blues Project and Chuck Berry versions I'd heard--it's minimalist somehow, neatly compact, but good.
Anonymous said…
I've been waiting for you and Yves all night long at the PMU, and you didn't came... I'll return tomorrow morning at 6 with Francis, to drink the "morning-pastis", hope you'll be there.

One of these days, my friend, we'll succeed in writing "real" comments on each other blog... but that day is not for today !
Anonymous said…
I'm just diggin' the "Creature From The Black Lagoon" poster. Thanks for all the cool tunes.
The DoorKeeper said…
Man this stuff swings!

Never heard it before - thanks Rev. :D
The DoorKeeper said…
"I love to hear you wail when I pull your ponytail!"

Hi Ho Sylvia!!
jon said…
Dunno why I haven't found your site before, wicked stuff my man! 'Don't stop keep rockin kid', as somebody or other said.
love the pics as well.

I do a fun mix meself, not spammin you but you might enjoy it.

http://jonsmixmess.blogspot.com
Reverend Frost said…
Jon mate, where the hell have you benn for the last 2 years??????
Good mixes anyway, we must be twins:)
jon said…
Thanx Rev! I dare say some of your posts will be turning up in future podcasts. I must check out your band. ( I'm a bass player )
Jon
Anonymous said…
Cool site. You would be remiss Reverand if you didn't mention the similarity of the lyric in You Can't Catch Me to the Beatles Come Together.

"Here comes a flattop.
He was groovin' up quickly"
You Cant Catch Me

"Here come old flat top
He come groovin' up slowly"
Beatles Come Together

I did some research after hearing the song on your website. It was no coincidence.

J. Horse

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!