I'm A Lover Not A Fighter !




People, good news !
My « official » website (I’m talkin’ about my phenomenal worlwide musician career here of course) is up and running.

Right here

Well, it’s absolutely not finished yet and still under construction, but at least we have a revtomfrost.com now !

Oh yeah, and we do have a forum !
And if you don’t mind, I’ll delete the other blog.

To celebrate this, let’s talk about one my fav blues artists shall we...

The last surviving member of the first generation swamp blues fraternity that includes Slim Harpo, Lightnin' Slim and Lonesome Sundown, Lazy Lester has always been one of the best.
His entree into playing professionally arrived quite by accident: while riding on a bus sometime in the mid-'50s, he met guitarist Lightnin' Slim, who was searching fruitlessly for an AWOL harpist. The two's styles meshed seamlessly, and Lester became Slim's harpist of choice. In 1956, Lester stepped out front at J.D. Miller (the prolific south Louisiana producer)'s Crowley, LA studios for the first time.
Lester proved invaluable as an imaginative sideman for Miller, utilizing everything from cardboard boxes and claves to whacking on newspapers in order to locate the correct percussive sound for the producer's output.
Lester gave up playing for almost two decades.

Lazy Lester - I'm A Lover Not A Fighter
Lazy Lester - Sugar Coated Love




Cheers my dears.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hells Yeah!
Get Down with that Swamp Sound!

Thanks Rev!
Reverend Frost said…
Don't you just love it !
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!!
Reverend Frost said…
MERCI !!!
Anonymous said…
One of the joys of my young life (oh so long ago) was finding the LPs entitled "the legendary Jay Miller sessions". These were Excello records and where I first ran into Lazy Lester and his compatriots. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!