The Five Americans !




The Five Americans first met in Durant, Oklahoma at Southeastern Oklahoma State University in 1962. Under the leadership of Mike Rabon, they formed a group called the Mutineers.
In the summer of '65, they released an original song entitled "I See The Light". The song went to the top twenty in Billboard Magazine and paved the way for a string of hits by the five. "I See The Light" was followed by "Evol-Not Love" which also charted in the top 40 nationwide. Then came the biggest hit of all by the five..."Western Union". This song, which was inspired by a Western Union telegram sign, went on to become number six in Billboard (number 3 in Cashbox) and sold in excess of one million records.

The Five Americans - I See The Light

The Five Americans - Western Union




FRIDAY BONUS !

Jerry McCain - Nextdoor Neighbour

See you on monday

Comments

protogenes said…
Jerry McCain...sweet
Anonymous said…
I really dig that Jerry McCain tuen..what am I sayin'..I dig all of his tunes...a true blue rocker baby!!!

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!