Machito !




Yup, sorry about the other day, sorry about the hard words (I bet I still have morphine in my brain – Daveyboy ?Morphine ?)
So if my bandwith is dead again, there’s nothing I can do about it. Sorry.
Hell, it’s just a website after all ^-^

Ok, ready to shake your butt ?

The "little tough guy" Francisco Raúl Grillo was born in Florida of Cuban parents who returned to Cuba. Arriving in New York City in 1937, he played in the Xavier Cugat and Noro Morales orchestras before starting his own band. Machito and his Afro-Cubans, including Bauzá, René Hernández, and Chico O'Farrill, along with Dizzy Gillespie, played a pivotal role in the acceptance of Latin rhythms by American jazzmen. These top arrangers were attuned to the leading big bands of the day and rivalled them while breaking new ground in Latin and Latin jazz. This led to an association with Norman Granz, whose recording "experiments" with Machito and Charlie Parker and others became historic achievements. Machito and his Afro-Cubans also performed compositions by Chano Pozo, Obdulio Morales, and others.
MAMBO !

Machito & His Afro-Cubans - Adivinanza
Machito & His Afro-Cubans - Escucha Mi Canto




+

FRIDAY BONUS !


My Hero!

Have a great weekend folks.

Comments

Garrincha said…
Wonderful video !

[for your bandwith problems, why don't you use Free account ? It's free, you have a 100 Mo and no bandwith limit. You just have to have a french IP adress]
Anonymous said…
I am always tooling around the net. That language is nothing out of the ordinary. And, I can assure you, I will never ever do that bad, bad thing. I'm getting the tiny macho recordings at 1941. Do you like that? I'm also getting that Dizzy dint play with him 'til '48ish. How's my research? Bueno?

jAKAsso!
Reverend Frost said…
Garrincha, bonne idée merci !
J, now you know more than me, cheers amigo!
Bruno said…
Damn Rev,why is it your blog makes me feel so good each time I visit? ;)
Billy K said…
Rev,

First of all, hope you're doin' better. Secondly, you know, Box.net seems to be really music-blogger-friendly. "Big Rock Candy Mountain" uses them, and I totally dig it. In fact, I'm thinking of switching to them for my blog.

What's that? "What blog?" you say? Why, it's I Like Your Crappy Band.

(Sorry about the shameless plug.)
Reverend Frost said…
*Cheers Mr Charlie !
Oh, click on the box.net button on the right, I might get a free upgrade (shameless plug too!)
*Thanks Bruno, that's the true power of the good word :)
Billy K said…
Whoops. Stupid me. You ARE using box.net.

Guess I should check these things before I comment.

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!