All Messed Up !




Drac says 'Well, I feel like livin'
And I feel like dyin'
I don't know, I guess I'm all messed up.'

Contrary to a widely-held belief, Jess Hooper is not a pseudonym for Charlie Feathers !
Recorded in 1955, the two tracks here are the thin line between blues & country (yeah, that’s what we call rockabilly, stupido – ah ok, sorry).
Anyway, it’s an original Meteor Recording! The Meteor label was part of the original Memphis constellation. Started in 1952 by the Bihari brothers to record blues, they soon branched out into C&W and rockabilly and although the label was short lived (gone in 1957) they made their mark.

Enjoy your meal.

Jesse Hooper With The Daydreamers - All Messed Up
Jesse Hooper With The Daydreamers - Sleepy Time Blues




FRIDAY BO-BO-BO-NUS !

Bosstones - Mope-Itty Moope

+



Have a nice weekend !

Comments

guapo said…
if I had to make a choice I`d throw all my music away if I could keep the blues....
Reverend Frost said…
oh yeah, me too Mark.
Tuwa said…
Hey, Rev,

Are you having problems with box.net since they adopted the new interface? It won't upload for me in Firefox or show the file list in IE; I have to use both to upload and link to anything.

And, uh, they haven't responded to that last email I sent about it (a few days ago).

Hrm.
Reverend Frost said…
Yup, I had the same problems at the beginning but it works fine now. I sent an email too by the way.
The DoorKeeper said…
Heh heh - If I had to make the choice I'd take my time over it, for sure, and I'd quibble a LOT!

Any one who hasn't had the opportunity can check out Charlie Feathers on Meteor and wonder about this raging controversy for themselves ;~)

Keep em coming Rev. You is blowing my socks off!
Anonymous said…
Mr.Barf, If someone would ever force me to make a choice I would rather chop his head off.
(just joking...) whatever.
Rev,
Jesse Hooper sooths my soul.
great thanks once again.
Kenny
Reverend Frost said…
Cheers guys !
Tuwa said…
Thanks, Rev.

You're an evil, evil man. Don't ever change. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!