The Hunch !




Ok, it’s almost 5 am and I’m still awake. (don’t ask, medecine issues).
Fuck, I feel like Ash in Evil Dead.
So what I need is ...« The Hunch ! »
Completely deranged rock n' roll 45 from 1961, Mad Mike & The Maniacs were a group from Long Island discovered by Johnny Power and Trade Martin. It’s just plain crazy ! At under 2 minutes in length its one of those records that'll leave you standing in disbelief at the violation to your senses. "Quarter To Four" is slightly less frantic but still not a wise selection to spin for granny and grandpa.
What time is it now?

Mad Mike And The Maniacs - The Hunch
Mad Mike And The Maniacs - Quarter To Four


Comments

Anonymous said…
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You got me Rev.!!! I bought this when it came out in '61 and played the crap out of both sides.
I've always liked your posts but this is incredible! The fact that this brings back forty year old memories...Do I need medication?
michelsardou said…
Tu dois sûrement être en train de dormir, mais: les liens mp3 ne marchent pas en Belgique, saurais-tu le croire.
Anonymous said…
peut'etre que HOLY SHIT y sait comment ça s'dance le HUNCH
j'aimerais bien savoir
Reverend Frost said…
1.You're welcome, it's my job !
2.Rah merde, moi ça marche très bueno. D'autres personnes? Superbe nuit de 9h à 12h sinon.
erik hogstrom said…
I wonder what people thought about this lot in 1961!
This is amazing!
Anonymous said…
wowee, thanks for these!!!
guapo said…
"the hunch" is the best medicine!
I too have had my sleep pattern twisted like licorice by illness. The computer screen takes on a demonly glow. I prescribe for you a glass or three of prized Canadian wine and some old Hawkwind albums to calm you down.
MUTHACRISPA said…
HEY REV.......

I AM PROUD TO SAY, "MAD MIKE" IS MY UNCLE. "THE HUNCH" STILL INSPIRES ME TO THIS DAY. I LOVE IT!! I SENT YOU AN E-MAIL REGARDING A PHOTO OF "MAD MIKE AND THE MANIACS". HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON!!!
Anonymous said…
Hey M&M fans. The sax player with Mad Mike & the Maniacs is my dad, Doug Neale. He's still playing today and still sounding fantastic. Feel free to email him at dugsax@gmail.com.
gary said…
I'm proud to say that I bought this fine tune in 1961. I prefer "Quarter to Four" over "The Hunch." In Pittsburgh, dj Porky Chedwick once played "The Hunch" 17 times in a row. Between each play he would say, "Here's 'The Hunch' for a groovy bunch." You can't beat that kind of mayhem!

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!