The Centurions !




Formed in the Newport Beach area of Southern California in the late '50s, The Centurions did some recordings for the Shepherd and Del-Fi label, of which "Bullwinkle Part II," with its spooky, trebly bass and lead guitars, was the best.
The band also cut some decent, if mostly generic, other sides for Del-Fi, powered by both guitars and raunchy saxes; the best of them, like "Bullwinkle Part II," made good use of minor melodies, reverb guitar, and throbbing bass lines.

The Centurions - Bullwinkle, Part II

The Centurions - Intoxica

The Centurions - Latiñ'a




FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAY BONUS !!!

The Peeple - Hi Yo Camel !

See y'all next week.

Comments

DLAK said…
We are watching.
Reverend Frost said…
Braiiiin, we waaaant braiiiin
BwcaBrownie said…
Bullwinkle Part 1 ?
and now here's something we hope you'll really like. XXXXX
Anonymous said…
I'm guessing with the rockabilly and instrumental surf songs, you're probably both a Tarantino fan and John Waters fan. I too share a love of their movies and just had to let you know how much I love the site. If there's any way to download songs from old posts let me know. I'm definitely willing to swap and just got John Waters Christmas album which is hysterical if you haven't heard it. Alright bud, let me know!
Reverend Frost said…
1.Hello Miss Ballroom
2.Shane, thanx a lot mate . True, I'm a big fan of Waters & Tarantino(among 35 others directors).For the old posts, drop me an email.

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!