THE HUUUUUUNCH !


GUYS !!!

The Rev is bringing you....HISTORY!!!!!

Ok, this is a repost, but here's the thing. Mad Mike's nephew (Hey Ralph!) sent me this ultra-bloody-rare pic of the band. You know me, this is one of my favorite track in the whole universe, I just couldn't resist of posting it again ! (Btw, in the world of blogs, a year is a century :)
For the record, Ralph (you know, Mad Mike's nephew-do you listen or what) got into music because of his uncle (but that goes without saying), they own a audio/video production studio in New York !
Anyway, THANKS A MILLION Ralph, THANKS A MILLION Mad Mike, and now, get naked and dance crazy baby !!!
THE HUUUUNCH !!!

Mad Mike And The Maniacs:
* The Hunch *
* Quarter To Four *


photo taken around July 1961 (About the same time "The Hunch" was released to the public).

from left to right:

Warren Nichols - lead guitar
Jimmy Lurschner - bass
"Mad Mike" Porcelli - guitar and vocal
Bobby Columbe - drums
Doug Neale - sax

Comments

Anonymous said…
WOOOOW YEAH !!!!!!
Anonymous said…
Who said that??

((looks round))

Wait ... I have a Hunch ...((groan))


Thanks for the repost, Rev. I missed it before. Cool pic, indeed.
Anonymous said…
great post rev!!!

i am proud to say "mad mike" is my uncle.... i'm glad you enjoyed the pic......

"mad mike" is still MAD!!!

www.ekoproductions.com
Anonymous said…
Last year when you posted this I sent you a comment telling you I went nuts when I saw it. I remembering buying it in '61 and wearing both sides out. Time to go nuts again!!!
Anonymous said…
oh god what a song, thank you rev,yr the best!
jon said…
Fuckin' magic rev! Any connection with Hasil Adkin's 'Hunch' fixation?
Jon
Scurvy said…
I love 'The Hunch'. I break into it all the time randomly.

"LET'S DO THE HUNCH!!!"

Whooo Yeah!
Anonymous said…
THANKS REV!!!!!!!!
big pete said…
mad mike is my dad! thanks for remembering his music!
big pete said…
I was recently searhcin gmad mike and the maniacs and seen my dads name there with a quarter to 4 and the hunch, as sons weve made him a proud pop and grandpop!

his music lives forever!
Reverend Frost said…
WAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOH !
THANK YOU !
Anonymous said…
Woohieeeee Great song!!

I was looking for the release date of this song for my radioshow and ended up here.

greeting!!
Reverend Frost said…
You got a splendid show mate !
Anonymous said…
Hey M&M fans. The sax player with Mad Mike & the Maniacs is my dad, Doug Neale. He's still playing today and still sounding fantastic. Feel free to email him at dugsax@gmail.com.
Anonymous said…
I FEEL A "MAD MIKE AND THE MANIACS" REUNION......... C'MON!!!
LET'S DO THE HUNCH AGAIN!!!
Unknown said…
Hey Fans, Mad Mike & I just spent my birthday together. I had a hunch It would be crazy! We blew the candles out at a quarter to four. Doug Neale (Sax)
Unknown said…
At 66 I'm still blowing rock & roll. Just finished backing up the Temptations and the Coasters. King Curtis forever ! I'm still using my 1962 Mark VI w/ a Brecker I M/P. Happy Birthday to Mad Mike, Doug Neale...
Unknown said…
Peace and love to the Maniacs. Don't stop rocking. I'll be waiting for you guys. Antonio Abbate

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!