Home I'll Never Be




Hello.
We’re back.
Ah shit, it was tough.
David passed away soon after I wrote the last post and was buried last Friday.
Friday’s a funeral and Saturday’s a bride.
Well, what can I say. We all read your comments, and let me tell you how strange and beautiful it was.
I just want to say how grateful I am to you all. Nobody ever did that to me before. Never.
So, fuck yeah,once again, THANKS for all your comments and emails. Love you guys.
You all guess that it’s not the first time I’m going to a funeral, but this one was hard.
I’m thinkin’ of his parents, his wife, his bro and all his friends (his tribe I might say).
We’re family. One is missing, that’s all.
Thank you la blogosphere, thank you Mrs Frost.

So, all stand and raise your glass to the best cousin/bro/mate ever.

Here’s a lil mix to tell him goodbye (don’t be afraid of that punk-rock french song ‘Cayenne’, it was his fav and mine when we were teens) and my cover of St James, pass me the bottle will ya.

A Bloody Goodbye Mix (via Rapidshare)

Playlist:
1. Son House – John The revelator
2. Metro - Volgai Hajosok Dala
3. John Lee Hooker - Have Mercy On Poor Me
4. Dennis Smith – This Little Heart
5. Barry & The Remains - But I Ain't Got You
6. Booker T Washington White - The Promise True And Grand
7. Ralph Stanley - The Old Church Yard
8. Lowell Fulson - Touble Trouble
9. Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed
10. The Nevegans - Russian Roulette
11. Parabellum – Cayenne
12. Tom Waits – Home I’ll Never Be
13. Paul Robeson – My Curly Headed Baby

Rev Tom Frost - St James Infirmary




David Dubois 1973-2006
RIP bro, see you around.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rev-
Glad to see you are back. Thank you for the great mix once again, and take care.

Scurvy
guapo said…
Sorry about your loss Tom. I only just found out. It must be terrible for all of you.
Anonymous said…
Too too young I'm sorry Rev. My sympathy to all who knew him. Thank you for the touching mix.
Anonymous said…
Only recently discovered your site Tom, so sorry to hear about your brother. Take care.
Tony T
Anonymous said…
Courage.
Et ne pas oublier que la meilleure manière de rendre hommage à un proche, c'est de faire ce qu'il aurait souhaité pour toi : profiter au maximum de la vie et être heureux.

Facile à dire, certes, mais tu lui dois bien ça...
Anonymous said…
(passin the bottle...)

Rev -

Deepest condolances to you - Dave seemed like a true part of you. Thanks for everything you do for us here - it is much appreciated.
Reverend Frost said…
(finishing the bottle)

A humble thank you.
The DoorKeeper said…
I've been out of the loop, Rev. Damn, that's tough. I lost my sister two years ago out of nowhere. Take care. And Godspeed to Dave.
Todd Lucas said…
I would have posted earlier but I never know what to say on occasions like these. I'm really sorry for your loss, especially someone so young. And thanks for for the terrific blog, always one of my favorites.
Anonymous said…
A bit late in here Tom, just passing on my sympathies .
Anonymous said…
Rev., Please accept my heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. He was so young. I hope you'll be feeling better soon and rockin' again! I love your blog, and thanks for the great music and great musical taste. You were my first introduction to the world of mp3 blogs.
Collin from New Jersey
Anonymous said…
Rev-

St. James Infirmary...Fitting. A lovely tribute, a glorious war cry.

- Michael D
Venice, CA
tc said…
Rev-thoughts and love to you-welcome back, it's great to see you. best wishes though remain for you and your family.
Reverend Frost said…
Repeating myself here, but THANK YOU. You can't imagine how much your comments helped us. thanks.
(Michael, thank you very much)

Popular posts from this blog

THEE BLOODY END !!!

A Bloody Summer Mix 2012 !!!

Halloweeeeeeeen (Part 17) !!!