Home I'll Never Be
Ah shit, it was tough.
David passed away soon after I wrote the last post and was buried last Friday.
Friday’s a funeral and Saturday’s a bride.
Well, what can I say. We all read your comments, and let me tell you how strange and beautiful it was.
I just want to say how grateful I am to you all. Nobody ever did that to me before. Never.
So, fuck yeah,once again, THANKS for all your comments and emails. Love you guys.
You all guess that it’s not the first time I’m going to a funeral, but this one was hard.
I’m thinkin’ of his parents, his wife, his bro and all his friends (his tribe I might say).
We’re family. One is missing, that’s all.
Thank you la blogosphere, thank you Mrs Frost.
So, all stand and raise your glass to the best cousin/bro/mate ever.
Here’s a lil mix to tell him goodbye (don’t be afraid of that punk-rock french song ‘Cayenne’, it was his fav and mine when we were teens) and my cover of St James, pass me the bottle will ya.
A Bloody Goodbye Mix (via Rapidshare)
1. Son House – John The revelator
2. Metro - Volgai Hajosok Dala
3. John Lee Hooker - Have Mercy On Poor Me
4. Dennis Smith – This Little Heart
5. Barry & The Remains - But I Ain't Got You
6. Booker T Washington White - The Promise True And Grand
7. Ralph Stanley - The Old Church Yard
8. Lowell Fulson - Touble Trouble
9. Abner Jay - I'm So Depressed
10. The Nevegans - Russian Roulette
11. Parabellum – Cayenne
12. Tom Waits – Home I’ll Never Be
13. Paul Robeson – My Curly Headed Baby
Rev Tom Frost - St James Infirmary
David Dubois 1973-2006
RIP bro, see you around.